Friday, September 5, 2014

Animation: Teeny & Prima take!

Here is an animation test I animated yesterday. I based it off of a scene from the Ren & Stimpy pilot Big House Blues. I will show you the key drawings and then a GIF of the finished animation.


I tried to make the animation fit their personalities. Donna is an excitable, yet stubborn fellow; a common trait of the average teenage girl. Teeny, on the other hand, is bright, yet slow-witted, so I make her move weirdly, as you'll see, by having her arms flap up and down.


Ignore the numbers on the bottom of the drawings. While they are marked for animating on twos, only #1 and #3 were scanned on twos; the rest are on ones. Sorry, but it was a last-minute decision.


This is my favorite drawing in this GIF. I enjoyed the girls' expressions, the lines above their heard to illustrate their surprise, and the flexibility of their fingers.


As I mentioned, before, the positinong of the each girls' arms is different. Since Donna is more "average", her arms are bent and point forward, whereas Teeny's weirdness fits her keeping her arms stiff while


I tried to make the final drawing different from the first bu making them more excited here than there. Donna looks more attentive and Teeny is biting her lower lip in excitement. Hope you enjoyed looking into my process; and now, the completed animation!



It's not perfect, but hey, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment